Thursday, July 16, 2009




It’s that time of year, it’s gardening time. The property next to our home has been vacant forever, seriously there is nothing on it. It has been that way since I was a little kid. So this year, my parents, my brother and sister-in-law and us decided that we were going to plant a little garden on it. Mind you the lot is 1/3 acre and we planted HALF of that with…… Tomatoes, Cantaloupe, Watermelon, Sweet Potatoes, Anaheim Chilies, Jalapenos, Green Beans, Corn, Zucchini and Pumpkins. It is a good garden.

So the other night Brett was outside taking pictures of Dragon flies and Grasshoppers and I decided that I was going to weed the garden a little bit. Mind you I had tried to weed the garden last week while I was watching Ashley, Sarah, and Charlie. But Charlie decided that he was going to go help Brett with the watering by moving the sprinkler, so he kinks the hose and convinces Ashley to help him. How he convinced her I will never know. Well he is a smart little dude as soon as she got up to the sprinkler head he let the hose go and Ashley got soaked. Ashley was laughing, well Sarah didn’t see Ashley get wet so Charlie convinces Sarah to help, lets just say by the time Jimmy and Marla came to pick them up all three of them were wet. I wish we would have gotten pictures it was funny. Sorry Jimmy and Marla that they were wet when you got them back and thanks again for letting us have them. So back to my story, so Brett is outside taking pictures and I am weeding and all of the sudden I see a CANTALOUPE it was about the size of a apple. I also found some pumpkins and watermelon, Yep Marla we got cantaloupe, pumpkins and watermelon growing. I was so excited to see the hours that we have labored in weeding and watering this garden to pay off. We have had some zucchini that has been ripe, so I decided to make zucchini bread it turned out so good.

Here are some pictures of our garden.


2 comments:

  1. Okay-you didn't say Brett took pictures of the garden...that is different than me taking pictures of the garden. My pictures don't even compare to the ones you have up-quality wise. but I'll still get my pictures up. Yummy!

    ReplyDelete
  2. AWESOME pictures. I went out and picked 9 zucchini last night from my garden. I had finally gotten rid of the 5 that were here since Saturday. Luckily I have neighbors who don't grow zucchini and I was able to share some with them. I think I'll be making bread too.
    Funny story about the kids. At least they were happy when Jimmy & Marla came and picked them up.

    ReplyDelete